How the guestbook works
- There is a security test to prevent robots from spamming: your message will be posted after you click the test picture at the correct spot, denoted by the text above it. No extreme accuracy is needed - you only need to hit the left, right or middle third in the horizontal direction, the vertical coordinate is not checked at all. If you miss, your message stays displayed in its text field and you get another chance.
- Second defence line agains robots (and trolls) is a daily post limit: no more than five per day from the same IP address. Failed attempts to click the correct spot count into this limit too! The counter resets every night, so if you exceed the limit, just wait for tomorrow.
- The main text area can accept anything, including HTML tags (<blahblah>) and special characters (,;/"\'-& etc.). The script converts the text so it then displays exactly as it was written. So HTML tags don't work, they appear verbatim.
- More consecutive spaces are displayed as one, as is normal in HTML. There are no means to indent text, better to break a line.
- Long lines are automatically wrapped to fit the browser window. To insert a line break, press Enter (don't write <br>).
This help opens in a new window. To return to the guestbook, close it or move it out of sight.